The Lamb of God: A journey through St John’s story of the passion
Our journey to the cross begins with the betrayal and arrest of Jesus. While the other three gospels focus on Jesus’ agony and inner turmoil, John instead focuses our attention elsewhere – on the real reason Jesus is drawn to the cross.
- Hymn: There is a Green Hill Far Away, recorded and performed at home by Tom and Mandy Green for this podcast.
- Reading: John 18.1-14 by Julia Hollander. (NRSV)
- Commentary by Bishop Steven.
- A minute of silence follows +Steven’s commentary for personal reflection.
- Taizé: Kyrie, kyrie, eleison.
This episode was produced by the Revd Charlotte Bannister-Parker in collaboration with Steven Buckley and Phil Hind. Music performed under CCLI 535160 and Limited Online Music License LE-0018115. Licenses registered to the Oxford Diocesan Board of Finance. Album artwork ‘Jerusalem’, Charlotte Bannister-Parker.
Image Credit: Shutterstock (1392667502)